Guidelines for Preparing and Submitting Abstracts & Concepts
The main theme of the Conference is:-
Disability inclusive disaster risk management – today and tomorrow
To support the main theme of the Conference, the Scientific Committee has identified a set of sub-thematic areas. These are as follows:
- 01. Progress and learning on inclusive implementation of the Sendai Framework, regional plans and the Dhaka Declaration on DRM-2015.
- 02. Leaving no one behind: Disaster Risk Reduction and Sustainable Development Goals
- 03. Disability inclusion within disaster risk governance
- 04. Private Sector and inclusive Disaster Risk Reduction
- 05. Towards Resilient Cities: Accessible Urban Planning and Inclusive Urban Risk Reduction
- 06. Accessible Technology: Applications, Tools and Software on DRR and Humanitarian Response.
- 07. Voices and roles of persons with disabilities, their collectives and Disabled People’s Organizations (DPOs) within Disaster Risk Management (DRM).
- 08. DRM for the most at risks including Persons with Neuro developmental disability, Mental health, and other persons with profound disabilities;
- 09. Models of Psychological First Aid for Trauma Management in Humanitarian Crisis
- 10. Inclusive Humanitarian Actions in disasters and protracted crisis
- 11. Women, Elders, Youths and Children with disabilities in DRM.
- 12. Innovative and inclusive practices on DRR, Crises Management/Humanitarian Actions and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA);
- 13. Stakeholders in inclusive DRR: (a) Defense Forces, Security Forces; (b) Fire Brigade, and Emergency Service Providers – Hospitals; (c) Rovers Scouts, Volunteers
- 14. Media and effective knowledge sharing
- 15. Research, surveys and study findings on Disability inclusive DRM & humanitarian actions.
- 16. Disability inclusive disaster risk management: Role of Local Government
Participants who wish to present papers should select from any of these sub-themes.
A. For submission of Abstracts for Presentation in Concurrent Sessions or in Ignite Stage:
The Abstracts should be in line with the Theme and Sub-themes of the Conference. It should try to make a link to the broad objective of the conference. Papers should be based on practical experiences, and not only on hypothesis. It should cover on situation, practices, experiences, learnings and make practically achievable recommendations. The Scientific committee encourages highlighting self help initiatives, meaningful participation and contributions by persons with disabilities in any of the topics concerned. In any paper, gender and age based parity should be considered as integral and cross cutting issues. Good practices in any country will be given preference while selecting abstracts for final presentation.
Size of Abstracts and Papers:
The abstract should be prepared within 250 (two hundred and fifty) words and should touch on the major areas of the main paper.
The main paper should not exceed six-pages with 1.5 line spacing, using Arial 12 sized fonts, and 1” margins on all four sides. Page numbers should be included in footer (in the center) of each page on the final paper.
Submission of Abstracts for Presentations in Sessions & Ignite Stage:
Please submit Abstracts using the specified form only. Photocopies will also be accepted. However, it is advisable to send the Abstracts by E-mail or hand delivery. Where that is not possible, it could be mailed by Express mail, Under Certificate of Posting, or Registered Post.
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts:Abstracts should reach the Secretariat by Saturday, the 24th of March 2018
Selection, Notification and Presentation:
The Scientific Committee will select papers for presentations on the basis of the contents and merit. The decision of the Scientific Committee in this regard will be treated as final. Selected paper presenters shall be notified by E-mail by Sunday, the 8th of April, 2018.
Deadline for Submission of Final Paper & Profile of Presenter:Wednesday, the 25th of April 2018
A maximum of fifteen minutes will be available for each presentation. Presentations will be followed by open discussions that should lead to specific recommendations to be presented back in Plenary Sessions.
Note: Abstracts that have been selected by the ‘Scientific Committee’ for final presentation shall be available online after the selection process is over.
B. For submission of Application for Allocation of space at the Market Place:
The items on display at the Market Place should be in line with the Theme and Sub-themes of the Conference. These could include publications, products, practical & realistic concepts and/or audio-visual materials.
Applicants must mention expected floor space & required logistics support for the stalls at the Market Place.
Submission of Application for Allocation of Space:
Please submit Applications using the specified form only. Photocopies will also be accepted. However, it is advisable to send the Application by E-mail or hand delivery. Where that is not possible, it could be mailed by Express mail, Under Certificate of Posting, or Registered Post.
Deadline for Submission of Applications:Applications should reach the Secretariat by Sunday, the 25th of March 2018
Selection, Notification and Payment of fees:
The Scientific Committee will select applicants for the Market Place on the basis of the merit and content. The decision of the Scientific Committee in this regard will be treated as final. Selected applicants shall be notified by E-mail by Tuesday, the 10th April, 2018.
Deadline for Submission of Fees for Market Place Stalls:Wednesday, the 25th of April 2018